FFXIV: ARR returning players list

General discussion for FFXIV: A Realm Reborn.

FFXIV: ARR returning players list

Postby Aki » 06 Oct 2012 19:24

FFXIV version 2.0 (A realm reborn; ARR) is due to launch in the near future with an open beta starting as early as November. Dart and I have long planned to restore Requiem to what it was at the original launch, and take it further to what it was originally intended to be. Sadly, due to the nature of the old FFXIV that didn't go too well at all.

For those that have been following the progress of the game over the last year or so you'll probably be aware there's a whole lot of things to be excited about.

The majority of the players who joined Requiem at launch use it as more of a social background LS over any solid content and thus have found themselves joining other content LS's. In ARR we will be taking on content as one group using the new content based guild system known as Free Companies. Requiem will remain as a minor, assorted content LS with a larger social flavour, for those who have plans to do content elsewhere. Requiem currently has 79 members and about 5~10 of them are active.

The purpose of this thread is just to get a bit of an idea as to who will be joining us again.

Returning players:

Aki Rouscelia - DoW/DoM50.
Dart Erhardt - DoW/DoM/DoH/DoL50.
Cel Eras - ?
Angeldust Purlisse - ?
Takeshi Eiketsu - ?
Sengoku Iori - ?
Aki
Nephelococcygiac

Re: FFXIV: ARR returning players list

Postby Kaylei Eraisuithiel » 07 Feb 2013 09:54

I am still around. I am 50 Marauder. Mid level most everything else. I stopped about a year ago not long after grand companies. I did get flagged for legacy status. I'm in.
Kaylei Eraisuithiel

Postby Aki » 08 Feb 2013 16:03

Welcome back! Nice to see people turning up again.

We're in the process of trying to fix the outward email server so I can inform people via mass-email that we're readying a reunion for ARR. It would be fantastic to get all the same people back to play a game that's worthwhile.
Aki
Nephelococcygiac

Postby Aki » 11 Feb 2013 00:58

Update on the email issue - Gromph (aka the guy who keeps Neogaf running) fixed the outward mail server.

So, yep. A mass-email went out. I went there.
Aki
Nephelococcygiac

Postby Cobbi » 11 Feb 2013 06:49

And I got the email! Hey guys :3 I'll definitely be heading back with ARR.
Cobbi

Postby Gromph » 11 Feb 2013 10:14

Hi guys!

Glad the mail is fixed.

I still don't know where in the world will be for ARR launch.

So let my fix my RL and we will see :)
Gromph

Postby Aki » 11 Feb 2013 12:55

Glad to see it the email arrived!

I wasn't sure whether or not to hold off another month on emailing but I suppose this way gives people plenty of time. Even though our original FFXIV reunion lasted but a few days it was so much fun - need to get that rolling again!

I should mention, if you know anyone who didn't originally play with us or didn't get the email etc, be sure to invite them to come join us.
Aki
Nephelococcygiac

Postby Seyumi » 12 Feb 2013 01:48

Got the email. Unfortunately I probably won't come around for launch (or ever). Me, my wife and my now 2 kids are moving in with my parents in a few months to pay down the horrid student loan debt we've racked up over the last 3 years (hey they live in Hawaii so I can't complain) If anyone knew my history, I failed out of college in 2005 and I spilled the beans to my parents that my FF11 addiction was the reason which they knew all too well about. I think playing FF14 with them all around in my personal business is going to be a big no-no to them lol. I really wanted to play with everyone again but I think I finally hit that point in my life where I can't play MMOs anymore and only stick to single players. I'll still keep checking in from time to time like I always have. Good luck on the new launch!
Seyumi
This is my 10,000th account.

Postby Aki » 12 Feb 2013 15:05

Seyumi wrote:Got the email. Unfortunately I probably won't come around for launch (or ever). Me, my wife and my now 2 kids are moving in with my parents in a few months to pay down the horrid student loan debt we've racked up over the last 3 years (hey they live in Hawaii so I can't complain) If anyone knew my history, I failed out of college in 2005 and I spilled the beans to my parents that my FF11 addiction was the reason which they knew all too well about. I think playing FF14 with them all around in my personal business is going to be a big no-no to them lol. I really wanted to play with everyone again but I think I finally hit that point in my life where I can't play MMOs anymore and only stick to single players. I'll still keep checking in from time to time like I always have. Good luck on the new launch!

Hey man, long time! Congrats on the plus-one on the family! I remember you mentioning the something about how your folks view FFXI, best steer clear.

Nice to see you're doing well though, keep in touch!
Aki
Nephelococcygiac

Postby tolan » 19 Feb 2013 14:11

I may swing by for actual release but I'm most definitely playing in the closed beta, got my invite and looking forward to see what they deliver.
tolan

Next

Return to General Discussion